The Memphis Hustle will take on Midwest Division rivals Sioux Falls Skyforce for the fourth and final time this season this Wednesday, March 14 at 7 p.m. at Landers Center. The Skyforce currently lead the regular season series 2-1 and sit one game ahead of Oklahoma City in first for the Midwest Division title.
The previous matchup at Landers Center saw a 120-116 Hustle loss in an opening night thriller that featured double-digit leads by both teams, four 20-point scorers for Sioux Falls, and a monster night from Grizzlies forward Ivan Rabb (20 points, 15 rebounds, 6-7 FG, 8-8 FT). Rabb has since spent the last two months with the Grizzlies and even made his first career NBA start.
Memphis would get revenge in Sioux Fall’s annual Christmas Day game, notching a 131-115 win through a ridiculous first half offensive display. The Hustle took a 79-54 lead into halftime, shooting 33-of-49 (.673) from the field and scoring 52 points in the paint. In response, Sioux Falls made sure to break Hustle hearts everywhere the day before Valentine’s Day with a 125-102 win in the rematch at Sioux Falls.
For the remainder of the 2017-18 regular season, fans who bring their receipt from any Tanger Outlet store (5205 Airways Blvd, Southaven, MS 38671) to the Landers Center Box Office will receive a free Hustle game ticket with the purchase of another ticket. In return, fans who bring their Hustle game ticket to shopper services at Tanger Outlets will receive a free coupon book, good for great deals. For more details, visit memphishustle.com.
Single Game Tickets for Saturday’s game are still available starting at $10 and fans wishing to attend can purchase tickets at all Ticketmaster locations, ticketmaster.com, the Landers Center Box Office, online at MemphisHustle.com or by calling (901) 888-HOOP.
Hustle Stats to Watch
– Omari-Three: Omari Johnson currently sits at seventh in NBA G League history for three-pointers made (406). Additionally, Johnson has played at least 31 games less than anyone inside the Top 10.
– Since Feb. 20, Johnson leads the league in three-pointers made per game (5.8; min. of two games played) and total three-pointers (35).
– From Beale Street: Expect plenty of three-pointers Wednesday. The Skyforce are the highest volume shooting team from distance, ranking first in the league in three-point attempts (40.6) and second in make per game (14.4). While the Hustle take significantly less shots from beyond the arc, they are among the most efficient and rank third in the NBA G League for three-point percentage (38.5%).
– Torrential Teague: In Saturday’s loss against the Santa Cruz Warriors, Marquis Teague scored ALL 30 of his points in the second half and shot 11-of-13 from the field (4-5 3P) out of the locker room.
– Skyforce guard Briante Weber appeared in six games (four starts) for the Grizzlies during the 2015-16 season, averaging 4.8 points, 4.0 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 1.5 steals in 27.7 minutes per game.
– Hustle forward Omari Johnson and Skyforce guard Larry Drew II were teammates for one season (2016-17) on Neptunas of the Lithuanian LKL.