WMC Action News 5 presents Horn Lake Parks & Rec Youth Basketball Night
After traveling to Kaiser Permanente Arena for the previous two meetings, the Hustle will host a rubber match with the Santa Cruz Warriors this Saturday, March 10 at noon after splitting the two prior matchups on the west coast. Tomorrow’s game is also Horn Lake Parks and Rec Youth Basketball Night presented by WMC Action News 5.
Neither matchup has been void of scoring, with neither team scoring below 115 points in either matchup this season. Sunday’s matchup in Santa Cruz was a 132-120 shootout, won by Santa Cruz, that featured three Hustle players with 20 or more points. (Omari Johnson and Dusty Hannahs, 22; Marquis Teague 20). For the Warriors, two-way player Quinn Cook had a monster performance of 41 points and 10 assists while Jeremy Pargo (23 points, 10 rebounds) and Damian Jones (18 points, 10 rebounds) also had double-doubles. The Hustle won the December 15 matchup 123-115. Teague (28 points) and Johnson (26 points) also had big nights for the Hustle in the win.
Saturday’s game is the second of two games where fans can take advantage of the ‘Double Dip Deal’. For just $30, fans will receive a Plaza III ticket to the Hustle game at noon along with a Silver level ticket to the RiverKings game that evening at Landers Center. Additionally, fans who purchase tickets here will also receive Hustle sunglasses, a RiverKings hat and a coupon good for free cheese dip at Maria’s Cantina.
For the remainder of the 2017-18 regular season, fans who bring their receipt from any Tanger Outlet store (5205 Airways Blvd, Southaven, MS 38671) to the Landers Center Box Office will receive a free Hustle game ticket with the purchase of another ticket. In return, fans who bring their Hustle game ticket to shopper services at Tanger Outlets will receive a free coupon book, good for great deals. For more details, visit memphishustle.com.
Additionally, the Coca-Cola Zero Sugar Deal is also available. Fans can purchase a Plaza IV ticket, a Coca-Cola fountain drink and a Personal Pan Domino’s Pizza for one low price of $14
Single Game Tickets for Saturday’s game are still available starting at $10 and fans wishing to attend can purchase tickets at all Ticketmaster locations, ticketmaster.com, the Landers Center Box Office, online at MemphisHustle.com or by calling (901) 888-HOOP.
Hustle Stats to Watch
– Omari-Three: Omari Johnson currently sits at seventh in NBA G League history for three-pointers made (402). Additionally, Johnson has played at least 32 games less than anyone inside the Top 10.
– Johnson is averaging 26.0 points and 10.2 rebounds while shooting 56.4 percent from three-point range and making 6.2 threes per game.
– Jammin Jeremy: After averaging 5.3 points and 2.5 rebounds through his first 19 games played, Jeremy Morgan has averaged 16.0 points and 5.3 rebounds over his last four games and 12.3 points and 5.2 rebounds over his last seven games. On Feb. 9 against the Agua Caliente Clippers, Morgan posted career highs of 23 points and nine rebounds.
– Damian Jones: In the two meetings between the clubs this season, Damian Jones has knocked down 13-of-14 field goal attempts.
– Hustle assistant coach Sean Dockery and Warriors two-way player Quinn Cook both played collegiately at Duke University.
– Hustle guard Marquis Teague and Warriors forward Terrence Jones were teammates for one season at the University of Kentucky (2011-12).